Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who collects and builds Gundam models?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TubbY
Admin
TubbY

Who collects and builds Gundam models? Empty
PostSubject: Who collects and builds Gundam models?   Who collects and builds Gundam models? EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 5:50 pm

I know a majority of the otakus watch the Gundam series. Zeta, Wing, Endless Waltz, Seed, Seed Destiny, 00, and anything else that i missed. I bet that some actually buy and build the models. Scales 1/144, 1/100, or 1/60.

If you are that kind of person please share your thoughts about your model/s.
What are they?
From which series?
Scale?
Do you actually take your time and do a lot more than putting it together? Such as sandpapering it, priming, and painting.

Or do you collect anything else? Things like model cars, model planes, and much more.

If you would like to share/brag about your hobbies please do. Also, please be polite to others. Just becuase you are more professional than they are doesn't mean that you have the right to make them feel inferior. lolz....

I for one am a fan of Gundam.
I currently own

HG 1/144 Stargazer from Gundam Seed Stargazer
HG 1/100 Strike Freedom,Legend (my favourite), and Chaos Gundam from Gundam Seed Destiny
HG 1/144 TR-1 Advanced Hazel, TR-5 Gaplant Hrairoo from Advanced of Zeta series
and my HG 1/100 Gundam Dynames from Gundam 00

i only painted very small parts on Legend ( DRAGOONS and some boosters) and Advanced Hazel Gaplant (the fingers, cus its the same colour i have and used to paint Legend's DRAGOONS and boosters).
Though I will be starting to put more detail into my modeling. Sanding, priming and painting to make my gundams look sexy. It just takes lots of time and mainly money. [/u]
Back to top Go down
Jon primes kittens
Newb Otaku
Newb Otaku
Jon primes kittens

PostSubject: Re: Who collects and builds Gundam models?   Who collects and builds Gundam models? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 8:09 pm

I too am a long term gundam fan. I got into the whole gundam scene ever since I saw gundam wing during the good old days. TYV and their dubbed anime series lol ... but still, anime is anime and so I salute YTV.
Anyways, I started my model building hobby only last summer so technically I'm still a noob. I been reading here and there across the internet trying to learn more about modeling and the more I found out the more interested I got.
Currently I own:
HG 1/144 Freedom [semi painted - brush]
HG 1/100 Blue Frame Astray Second L [semi painted - brush]
HG 1/100 DeathScythe Hell Custom [not painted] ... since this was my favorite gundam, im gonna hold off till I get my airbrush and just better in general at modeling (So far its been 6 months and counting XD) before i paint this unit. I really dont want to mess it up, lol.
MG 1/100 CrossBone Full Cloth [project in progress - mostly painted - spray cans]

This is my first attempt at painting a gundam properly and with enamel paint too, so no room for screw up :S cuz if I do thats 75 dollars down the drain. Gaaah, MG are expensive.
Up to this point I say Im doing alright, not perfect but it will do. I was hoping to get my airbrush and compressor after sememy winter ster in uni. Then I'm gonna get my MG Wing custom and really pimp it up. Wooo, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Who collects and builds Gundam models?   Who collects and builds Gundam models? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:44 am

Gundum wing is awesome.
Blood and Gore! Oh yeah!!!

If I had the time, i'd work on some models..
but I have no time!

Who collects and builds Gundam models? %5BNingen%5Dwallpapers-Gundam-Seed-4-1280x1024
But I have loads of time to praise!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who collects and builds Gundam models?   Who collects and builds Gundam models? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who collects and builds Gundam models?
Page 1 of 1