Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE Empty
PostSubject: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 1:30 pm

VIDEO GAMES ARE MAN'S GREATEST CREATIONS.
BUT ANIME GAMES.

OH MAN!

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW!

Dragonball z Tenkaichi 3

came out around nov
rating: Freakin 10000 outta 10!

KID BUU, GOGETA SSJ AND SUPPA 17!!
YAHOOOO!

Anyone else who has game craves, go on ahead and chat away!
Back to top Go down
ohio-99
Great Otaku
Great Otaku
ohio-99

PostSubject: Re: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:55 am

I picked up a copy of DBZ Tenkaichi 1 a while ago and it isn't bad.
The story mode is a pain in the ass sometimes, as some enemies get freakin roids injected into every limb before the match, ether that or suddenly your character has like boneitus and can't throw a punch to save their life.
Also even out side the story mode some characters are unbalanced for example, the Great Apes don't even flinch at damage they take, and deal tons of damage with basic punches.

On the bright side, it boasts likely one of the largest character rosters in any fighting game; with characters stretching from major like Goku and Buu, to minor like Hercule, and Jeyce. As well as stretching across not only the main sagas, but sometimes offering "what if?..." saga's such as the Sayian Rebellion (Raditz, Nappa, Vegita, Sibamen) against Frezia.
Also there are a few Dragon Ball GT characters thrown into the mix, along with Dragon Ball characters including Kid Goku.

All in all the game is great, but has some flaws. The unbalanced story mode will likely drive you crazy until you really get a feel for the controls.

=======

I am very disappointed with the Inuyasha RPG for the PS2 though. Secret of the Cursed Mask has a lot of potential but fails to do anything with it:
You play as and original male or female character (Both of which were apparently designed by the original manga artist) who get's pulled back in time and ends up joining Inuyasha and the rest of the crew.

However the chibi style graphics, limited character animation, and all around more light hearted than it should be adventure really pissed me off.
The story like every Inuyasha game that I've played tosses you somewhere into the middle of the whole plot. And truly acts as more of a "What if..." story rather than an original story.
The special attacks also are frustrating doing the exact same amount of damage each time, for example WindScar does 555 damage, always. no more no less. EVER. Wind Tunnel does 222 each time.
All in all the game could have been good if they didn't half ass it. It really seemed like a cheap cash in using the Inuyasha name.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

PostSubject: Re: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 10:31 am

Story mode.

I agree Long as hell, and kind of lame in a way.

Tenkaichi did a good job in story mode but they skipped a bunch during the story chapters.

Ex Super Saiyan 3 goku vs Fatty (majin Buu)

Inuyasha.....

The only one I played with Inuyasha was "Inuyasha Feudal Combat"

It was okay. They could of done better though.
Back to top Go down
ohio-99
Great Otaku
Great Otaku
ohio-99

PostSubject: Re: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 1:51 pm

I just got a copy of Feudal Combat, and from what I played it isn't bad... but it leaves something to be desired.
It is set up in the same old "Halfway through the series so fuck you and your backstory."
However the combat system isn't horrible at least, it's set up in the same style as Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 (Likely 1 as well but I don't have 1) so it's simple to pick up.
However the roster is tiny. 12 characters at most. Which is lame beyond belief.
I mean how many minor villains were in the series? how many minor characters in general could they have thrown in? It just seems lazy to have so few characters.

Honestly, there is something I would like to see, a 3D Jump Super Stars sort of game for, well any console.
Characters spanning multiple anime/manga/video games all thrown into one huge fighting game.
I mean who wouldn't like to pit both over sized wielding characters Ichigo and Inuyasha against each other.
Ha ha, though if a game like that were made, sadly there is no doubt in my mind that it would never seen release in America, so much licensing issues we have ya know.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

PostSubject: Re: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 2:08 pm

I knew that Naruto game was similar to Inuyasha! Just had a feeling yah know!

yeah, I played Jump stars, pretty nice game, reminds me of Smash Bro's.
If it was a 3D based fighting game. Holy S**t!!!! That would be sick.
Ha!

A while back I got Sonic 2006 for ps3.
If you'd heard about it, do you think its any good?
Back to top Go down
Rin
Admin
Rin

PostSubject: Re: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 am

You want anime games....ask me....I own a ton of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gundam Seed Destiny Union Vs Zaft 2 Plus: great gundam combat with over 60 mobile suits selectable...including Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, Lengend, Destiny, Strike Noir, Stargazer, Zaku's, Blitz etc....Alot of units...

Shuffle! on Stage: Good dating sim!!!!!!! I played it through 4 times. I got Asa twice, Kaede once and Sia once...it's just long...

Ar Tonelico : Great RPG!!!!! Love the anime style and the voice acting. Storyline is good, pick between 3 girls....sort of a dating sim...

Tales Series: This is by far, the best game ever!!!!!!!! The anime openings are always the best, the cut scenes are sick, get voice acting, game play is crazy ass sick!!!!!! Best game ever!!!!!

Xenosaga: Anime 3D style game. Final Fantasy type game play and I played through the game over 40 times till the point that the disc is about to break. Damn fun!!!!!!!!!!!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Yes, there is a game for it. It's for the psp!!!!!!! I'm currently playing it. It's like a dating sim. Where I think you are playing as Kyon and picking between Haruhi, Yuki and Mikuru. It's a fun game.

Disgaea 1 and 2: Cool game with aton of customization of your army. It's all about leveling up your army to beat other demons. You play as a Demon Overload, his servant and an angel in #1 and in #2 you play as a Demon Hunter and a Demon Princess. All are on the same team. It's cool. Get voice acting and cut scenes. Game play is extremely unique.

Melty Blood: This game is a fighting game. It's based on the anime Tsukihime by Type-Moon (Makers of Fate Stay Night). It's a fun fighting game, but the computers are too easy even on hard.

Air: Great dating sim based on the anime by Visual Arts "Air". Well, the anime is actually based on the game. The game play is pretty good. As of all these dating sims, you pick between all these girls.

Kanon: Yet again another games by Visual Arts. Yes there is an anime on this game. Same as Air, you pick between a few girls and try to get good endings.

Super Robot Wars: Fun game. You have units from all sorts of mecha anime like old gundam to gundam seed to Nadesico to gundam wing to Macross. You basically pit your units against another army. There is usually a weird storyline in it that puts all these series together. If you want original units play the OG version.

ACE (Another Century Episode): Get game. Kill a mass amry with a unit. Like super robot wars, the game play is just a bit different.

I'll add more later......
Back to top Go down
http://dototaku.wordpress.com/
Hero
Otaku King
Otaku King
Hero

PostSubject: Re: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 7:47 am

*BLINK*
*NOD*
AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE   GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE Empty

Back to top Go down

GAME POWER: ANIME STYLE
Page 1 of 1